Bust The Calories
Get yourself into shape in ten swift moves.
1. Burpees. Swiftly moving from standing to squatting to push-up position challenges all your muscles.
2. Jumping jacks. These do-anywhere moves pump up your heart rate in no time.
3. Mountain climbers. This cardio move helps strengthen legs and core muscles as well.
4. Frogger: This plank-to-squat move seems simple, but you’ll feel it as you do your 30-second bursts. Begin in a plank position. Jump your feet to the outside of your hands, coming into a deep squat and keeping your hands on the floor, then jump back to plank. Repeat in a quick succession (steps 1 to 4) ten times.
5. Running up stairs. Run up and down the stairs at home or at the office — you’ll get the added bonus of a toned backside.
6. Walking lunges. These lunges help you develop balance while strengthening your core and lower body. Do these briskly, but make sure your form stays correct to prevent knee or ankle strain. Here’s how to do a perfect walking lunge.
7. High knees: Run in place while engaging your core and pumping your arms. The goal should be to keep your knees high and maintain an upright posture as you do your speed bursts.
8. Lateral hops: Make small jumps side to side as if you are jumping over an invisible line.
9. Jump squat: Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively. When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control.
10. Box step: Find a step, stool, or box (or aim toes at an imaginary step) and lightly tap your left toes to the box, then jump to switch feet, bringing the right toes up.
Repeat the entire series 5 times.