Dazzled by the flawless mien Korean women spot? It certainly did not happen by chance, beyond the amazing powers of BB and CC creams is a tried and tested 10-step beauty regime religiously practiced by the Koreans. So what exactly goes into this regime that promises a pore-less, radiant complexion?
Read and learn.
1. Double cleanse – to remove the day’s BB cream, blush and every trace of makeup with liquid remover with a makeup remover then draw out sebum and grim with a gentle oil cleanser that eliminates impurities without drying out skin.
2. Cleanse again – this time with a gentle cleanser simply because proper cleansing is key to a radiant, acne-free complexion.
3. Exfoliate – slough off dead skin. Pay particular attention to areas that really need it like visible pores on the cheeks and blackheads on the nose.
4. Toner – the Koreans have their own version of toners designed to cleanse. It removes any residual traces of impurities left over from the earlier steps, at the same time it promises to soothe and restore your pH balance. And importantly it preps the skin to better absorb what’s to come next.
5. Essence – the single most important step in this beauty regime is the essence, a nourishing liquid that enhances skin’s cellular renewal process, prompting an increase in elasticity and firmness. It is the key to a brighter complexion.
6. Ampoule – a condensed, vitamin-rich version of essence engineered for anti-ageing. Say goodbye to dull skin, uneven tone, loss of collagen and elasticity.
7. Massage, patch, mask – apply facial sheet masks and targeted treatments such as collagen eye patches or hydrating lip mask two to three times a week for maximum effectiveness. Gentle facial massage with fingertips or jade stones is said to boost circulation.
8. Eye cream – keep fine line, puffiness and dark circles at bay with an intensive eye cream. Remember never to tug or pull skin around the eye ear, just tap cream in over the entire eye.
9. Hydrate – pile on the facial moisturizer using fingertips. Massage lightly into the face and neck to promote circulation.
10. Sleeping pack – a second layer of moisture with either a night cream or a sleeping pack locks in the emulsion and ensures that your face stays hydrated throughout the night.
How to sun proof your mien
We already know that the sun is the biggest culprit for
We already know that the sun is the biggest culprit for premature ageing so what can we do about it? Dermatologists will have you know that wearing sunscreen is the single most effective way against sun protection, not to mention that it is the basis of proper skin care.
Often you’ll find sun protection formulas differentiated by SPF denominations. SPF essentially stands for ‘sun protection factor’, a measure of how well the sunscreen protects the skin. A minimum of 30 SPF is recommended by dermatologist.
However, if you’re swimming or perspiring, it is advisable to reapply as often as every two hours to optimize sun protection. A broad-spectrum formula that helps block out UVB and UVA rays which are the primary causes for sunburns, wrinkling and ageing.
Using the right amount of sunscreen is vital. A rule of thumb would be that you need approximately a dollop the size of a quarter to cover the face. Don’t step out right away after applying sunscreen, give it at least 20 minutes to get absorbed into the skin. Wear makeup over sunscreen as the finishing touch.
A modern take on an age-old nail favourite
A modern take on an age-old nail favourite
Updated and thoroughly modern, the classic nude-and-white French isn’t exactly making a comeback, rather it’s being reimagined and the possibilities are endless.
French manicures of now are an art on its own thanks to colours, metallic, graphic sharps and negative space. They are anything but basic. French tips work best on nail’s natural oval or round shapes but that’s not to say square tips cannot benefit all the same. Simply move the tip to the side for a funky asymmetrical slant.
Take border nail art all the way lining the entire nail from the tip to sides to wrap around the nail bed for a bold take on graphics. Play up on colour contrast to push the style envelope further.
For a more painterly approach, use a nail art brush to create lines from the French coloured tip. Set the lines with a dry brush to blend the lines with the tip. Allow design to dry for five minutes before applying a top coat.
The cornerstone of nail art, French manicure has always been, and will continue to inspire nail art.
Frame It Up
Over plucked your brows? Fret not, help is
Over plucked your brows? Fret not, help is at hand. Fix them in 4 simple steps.
1. Let It Grow
Give it three to four weeks for eyebrows to grow back though some may take even longer. Resist from tweezing even if you spot strays. Apply clear gel over brows to help them look groomed even when they are not on their best behaviour.
2. On Speed
Rub on growth serum just before bed to hasten regrowth. Ayurveda insists that applying castor oil speeds up hair growth.
3. Shape Up
A balanced brow that perfectly frames the face is just what the beauty doctor ordered. Angular faces will benefit from a round, soft brow to play down its chiseled jawline while a long face with look considerably shorted with a straight brow. Rule of thumb to operate off – the brow should peak where the brow bone protrudes the most. Follow your bone structure for a natural arch.
For brows to look fuller, use a pencil or a gel to intensify the natural arch of the brow. Choose a colour that is two shades lighter than your eyebrow hair.
Business5 months ago
Quick Response (QR) payments Launched today by Visa and Top 5 banks in Cambodia
Entertainment5 months ago
Boob in Public
Uncategorized4 months ago
Health & Fitness3 months ago
Skillet Pizza Dip
Entertainment8 months ago
WOMEN IN BUSINESS
Beauty7 months ago
Debunking 5 Common Beauty Myths
Beauty3 months ago
Best 10 beauty drugstore finds
Uncategorized5 months ago
Like Mother Like Daughter