Flowers are an integral part of your wedding. They add color, and scent, they set the tone and make a statement about you. Flowers can transform a space into somewhere magical that your guests will talk about for years to come. Choosing your flowers is an important part of your wedding planning process. If you are having a traditional form ceremony, then you’ll need to think about your bouquet, the ceremony venue and the reception venue.
The bridal bouquet has been a significant feature of weddings for centuries and in all cultures. Western bouquets were originally made up of herbs and spices to ward off evil spirits on a special day. Nowadays a bridal bouquet is chosen for colors, design and floral choice and is a very personal decision.
Hand tied posies remain a popular choice for brides and will probably never go out of style. Whether it’s a selection of bright colors and floral varieties or a single flower and color scheme, , hand tied posies can look big and showy or elegant and soft and romantic. Posies can be tied with ribbons and decorated with antique brooches, or decorative pins. Carrying a posy gives a nervous bride and her bridesmaids something to do with their hands as they walk down the aisle.
Shapes and textures are a way for a bride to make a bold statement in her bouquet about who she is. From a teardrop, an arm sheaf, a single flower, to a long trailing bouquet, the right combination of flowers can truly make a statement.
Foliage is becoming a popular addition to bouquets, adding a natural element that can be carried through as theme to the reception.
The addition of edible fruits and herbs can add texture to a bridal bouquet.
The floral arrangements in the venue where the vows will be exchanged should complement the bridal bouquet and the color theme of the wedding. They can also be an introduction to what the guests can expect to see at the reception venue. If you are having a church wedding you are limited to standing arrangements near the altar and on the ends of the pews, but if you are having an outdoor venue or another space like a barn or a beach, the scope is only limited by your imagination.
Reception flowers are bolder than ever before. Gone are the days of vase of flowers in the middle of each table. Today’s wedding reception flowers transform the venue and clearly display the theme of the wedding.
Suspended arrangements with hanging flowers and greenery are an amazing way to decorate a venue, especially big open spaces. You might hang them over the tables or you might consider having them as arches or to create a canopy for a walkway.
If your venue isn’t a church, and you are also exchanging vows and holding the reception in the same place, a floral archway can serve as the alter for the vows and make a captivating feature as the entrance to the reception. They will also be a feature in the wedding photos. Archways combining traditional flowers and stunning greenery will be a feature for photographs and give weddings a wow factor.
If you want to give your reception a quirky touch, vary the floral arrangement table to table and by missing up vases and containers and the flowers and foliage they hold. For an indoor venue, the use of foliage can bring the outdoors in. Think of long tables with garlanded centerpieces made up of flowers and greenery running their whole length.
Other ideas you might consider are:
- the use of mirrors under floral arrangements to double the amount of flowers in the room
- choosing a single color palette and using different flowers for a striking effect
- opting for slight color variations for an ombré effect.
- adopting the rising trend in farm to table weddings using local grown flowers and greenery along materials like hessian, or twine, wooden boxes, or potted plants.
- Using wildflowers. Their unique texture and striking colors, coupled with natural foliage can create eye-catching centerpieces.
You might also want to think of other ways to bring flowers into your wedding.
- Floral crowns remain popular for brides and bridesmaids. Whether it is a delicate crown made from gypsophila or a more solid crown of roses and other fuller blooms, the floral crown has yet to go out of fashion.
- Flower parties are a relativity new thing and look set to continue. A flower party is an opportunity for the bride-to-be to get together with her girlfriends prior to the wedding and with a florist, put together the bouquets and some of the arrangements and floral decorations.
- Potted succulents on the table are a nice touch which serve as both a centerpiece and as wedding favors.
- Floral garlands are big right now. Other than for decorating a table, garlands can be used on seating charts, as chair swags, to decorate the cake, to embellish the bridal table and more.
Spend time considering your wedding flowers to ensure they are a standout feature of your day. Talk to a professional wedding event designer company. They usually have brilliant ideas and know enough to prevent your wedding looking as though you’d copied from someone else’s concept.
Be prepared at the beach with these helpful gadgets
Be prepared at the beach with these helpful gadgets that make your life easier and more enjoyable.
ECOXPRO Waterproof Case
This durable waterproof case for smart phones also doubles as a speaker. Not to mention, has pockets to store credit cards, license, etc. The ECOXPRO is a useful gadget to jam out to on the beach OR float next to you in the water while protecting your phone from the elements.
CGear Sand-Free Tote
This is every person’s dream at the beach…
Are you ready for it?
A sand-free bag for the beach! Are you tired of having sand everywhere or worried about it ruin your phone, in the lunch you brought, getting all over your car, or in your house? Also, it is durable with extra-strength straps for cans of soda or beer *wink* and an ocean-themed pattern which is aesthetically pleasing.
Well isn’t this S’well
S’well Textiles Collection Water Bottle
Stay hydrated, look cool, and help others all in one water bottle by S’well. S’well water bottles have absolutely beautiful hand-painted pastel marble designs AND the best part is when you buy a S’well bottle, some of the proceeds go to helping provide clean water and sanitation to communities in-need in Africa. Also, if it couldn’t get any better, a S’well bottle keeps a beverage cold for up to 24 hours.
Pimped out Goggles
Liquid Image Model 305 Hydra Series HD 720P
This high-tech dive mask has an HD camcorder to shoot wide-angle footage in high definition with audio, can capture still images, continuous shots, and waterproof 130 ft under. Take the plunge with the liquid image model 305 Series HD 720P.
Do you get anxiety when your phone battery gets low? The WakaWaka charger is compact and light to solar charge your phone to full charge in two hours. The key is to make sure the WakaWaka Charger soaks in sun rays to solar panel or charge with a USB before going out. It also comes with a beacon light for emergencies. But the best part is that for every WakaWaka Charger you buy, another is sent to a family in-need in the Philippines.
What’s better than your feet in the sand, a refreshing drink by your side, and a good book to read? Here are our top picks for
What’s better than your feet in the sand, a refreshing drink by your side, and a good book to read? Here are our top picks for vacation reads for the beach, mountains, or wherever you may journey. There are different themes for all: whether you are in a light-hearted chick flick mood, an intense on-the-edge of your seat thriller, a child-told fantasy book, or an emotional book about internal struggles of living in this chaotic world. Read on to find out which book grabs your attention the most for a great holiday read.
By Elin Hilderbrand
Are you looking for a laid-back beach read? If chick flicks are your guilty pleasure movies, then try The Rumor a book about two best friends, Madeline and Grace who go on double dates for the summer drinking cocktails at sunset, but a rumor arises and changes everything. The rumor snow balls and the question is… will their friendship ever be the same?
Girl on the Train
By Paula Hawkins
Girl on the Train is a psycho thriller that will make you question the lives of others.
Rachel has recently gone through a loss and one way she copes is seeing the happiness in a suburban house that she passes on her morning commute. She only has about a minute to glance at the loving family before her train moves on but she is content.
Something drastically changes when Rachel witnesses something in that small moment of time and wonders if she should tell the police what she saw. From then on she is immersed and may be hindering rather than helping.
Girl on the Train is a thriller you won’t want to put down.
By Emma Donoghue
Room is a place of love and comfort for Jack, but for his ma, it’s prison; a place she has been trapped for seven years by Old Nick. With Ma’s strong urge for Jack to live a better life, she concocts a plan to escape. But did Ma think about what happens after they do escape and what other world is out there?
Room is a brilliant book of fear, resilience, and bond. Did we mention, the book is told from the perspective of five year old Jack.
Where are you Bernadette
By Maria Semple
Bernadette is bold, blunt, and outspoken. She’s a revolutionary architect and mother/best friend to fifteen year old Bee.
They live in Seattle and the people and atmosphere has become too much for Bernadette and overtime has developed agoraphobia. However, Bernadette had promised Bee a trip to Antarctica if she received an “A” on her report card and as a matter of fact, Bee did, but Bernadette has disappeared.
Bee goes on a search for her mom and has to face the world head on.
DID YOU KNOW?
There are tons of talented singers in this world, but did you know that some singers have written top hits for other famous artists?
There are tons of talented singers in this world, but did you know that some singers have written top hits for other famous artists? Not all singers are songwriters, but Sia is an extraordinarily talented singer AND songwriter who is known for her incredible voice and mysteriously hidden face has written top hits for other artists. Be surprised and check out the list of songs below Sia has written from vulnerable lyrics to vocally challenging and catchy choruses.
Top Songs Sia Wrote:
“Expertease (Ready, Set, Go)” by Jennifer Lopez
“Opportunity” by Quvenzhané Wallis
“Diamonds” by Rihanna
“Making the Most of the Night” by Carly Rae Jepsen
“Chasing Shadows” by Shakira
“Get Over U” by Neon Hitch
“Blank Page” by Christina Aguilera
“Brightest Morning Star” by Britney Spears
“My Heart Is Open” by Maroon 5 featuring Gwen Stefani
“Double Rainbow” by Katy Perry
“Kiss Me Once” by Kylie Minogue
“Battlefield” by Lea Michele
“Boy Problems” by Carly Rae Jepsen
“Perfume” by Britney Spears
“Pretty Hurts” by Beyoncé
More Songs Written by Sia:
– “Godzillionaire” by Brooke Candy
– “Guitars and Microphones” by Kate Pierson
– “We Are One (Ole Ola)” by Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte
– “Pop Rock” by Brooke Candy
– “Matrix” by Kate Pierson
– “Acid Rain” by Alexis Jordan
– “Any Day Now” by Cheyenne Jackson
– “I Will Get Over You” by Prischilla Ahn
– “These Hands I Hold” by Bo Bruce
– “Gentlemen” by Jessica Sanchez
– “Crush Me With Your Love” by Kate Pierson
– “Bound to You” by Christina Aguilera
– “God Made You Beautiful” by Beyoncé
– “She’s Pretty, She Lies” by Cheyenne Jackson
– “Freeze You Out” by Marina Kaye
– “Rise Up” by Beyoncé
– “Knock You Out” by Bingo Players
– “Don’t Look at Me” by Cheyenne Jackson
– “Kill, F—k, Marry” by Nikki Williams
– “Rock Bottom” by Marco Mengoni
– “Unite” by Jessie J
– “Bottoms Up” by Kate Pierson
– “Stronger Than Ever” by Christina Aguilera
– “You’re Mine” by Lea Michele
– “Opulence” by Brooke Candy
– “Mister Sister” by Kate Pierson
– “Break the Walls” by Fitz and the Tantrums
– “Strange Birds” by Birdy
– “Radioactive” by Rita Ora
– “Round Your Little Finger” by Katharine McPhee
– “Tears Fall” by Jacquie Lee
– “Breathe” by Jessie J
– “Firecracker” by Cheryl
– “You Don’t Know” by Will Young
– “The Game” by Kelly Rowland
– “You Lost Me” by Christina Aguilera
– “Bring Your Arms” by Kate Pierson
– “Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)” by Ne-Yo
– “All I Need” by Christina Aguilera
– “Green Card” by Oh Land
– “Standing on the Sun” by Beyoncé
– “Invincible” by Kelly Clarkson
– “Loved Me Back to Life” by Celine Dion
– “Utopia” by Belinda
– “Time Wave Zero” by Kate Pierson
– “Flashlight” by Jessie J
– “Cannonball” by Lea Michele
– “Who Am I?” Jamie Foxx, Cameron Diaz and Quvenzhané Wallis
– “I Am” by Christina Aguilera
– “If You Say So” by Lea Michele
– “Let Your Tears Fall” by Kelly Clarkson
– “I Am Me” by Willow
– “The City’s Yours” by Jamie Foxx and Quvenzhané Wallis
– “Try Everything” by Shakira
– “Passenger” by Britney Spears
– “Pulls You Under” by Kate Pierson
– “Sexercise” by Kylie Minogue
– “Throw Down the Roses” by Kate Pierson
Business5 months ago
Quick Response (QR) payments Launched today by Visa and Top 5 banks in Cambodia
Entertainment5 months ago
Boob in Public
Uncategorized4 months ago
Health & Fitness3 months ago
Skillet Pizza Dip
Entertainment8 months ago
WOMEN IN BUSINESS
Beauty7 months ago
Debunking 5 Common Beauty Myths
Beauty3 months ago
Best 10 beauty drugstore finds
Uncategorized5 months ago
Like Mother Like Daughter