1. Invest in a simple but effective skin care regime
Dermatologists warn that the biggest beauty mistake people make is overuse of products. Using different ingredients can irritate the skin and some ingredients cancel out each other’s benefits. Get the basics right – a simple cleanser, sunscreen, moisturizer and retinol. Add on task-specific products if necessary.
2. Incorporate Retinol
Retinol unplug pores, clear up acnes, reduce fine lines, boost collagen production, fade out brown spots and improve skin texture. Opt for over-the-counter versions to be included into your anti-ageing regime starting from your 20s. Know that sensitive skin may experience dryness, flaking and redness. To counter, use retinol on alternate days and in moderate amounts.
3. Give it time to work
A week is often not long enough to see if a new product is working. Changing up beauty products frequently can be counterproductive. Finish the entire tube or bottle before deciding its efficacy. Unless the product causes skin to swell or turn red, in which case you should stop immediately.
4. Apply sunscreen
Did you realize that sunbathers tend to have dry and wrinkled skin? To combat fine lines as a result of the sun, reach for a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB. SPF 30 or higher is recommended and remember to apply sunscreen even on cloudy days. As a general rule, reapply every three hours if you’re outdoor.
Size matters when it comes to the windows of your soul….
Size matters when it comes to the windows of your soul.
You don’t need a plastic surgeon referral to bigger eyes. You just need to get in on a few nifty skincare and makeup tips.
Let us count the ways.
1. Puffy eyes tend to make those peepers appear smaller so get rid of those unsightly eye bags at all cost. Applying cool slices of cucumber or even a bag of frozen peas under the eyes will do the trick. Chilled SK-II Signs Eye Mask is the fuss-free alternative.
2. Dab on a smudge of primer to reduce the appearance of fine lines. Eradicate dark eye circles with the right concealer – do slightly lighter and warmer than your skin tone to correct blur or purple tones. Blend Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat under and around the eyes for a uniform base.
3. Open up the eyes with a curler. Just by lifting the lashes the eyes instantly appear bigger and bright. To intensify the look, lengthen lashes with two coats of mascara. Try CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara.
4. Don’t just line the top lashes. Drawing the perfect line on the lower lashes for the perfect almond-shaped eyes. Smudge out at the outer ends for a subtle lift.
5. Most importantly, fill the waterline with the Nars Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner white eye pencil to seriously open up those eyes.
How to sun proof your mien
We already know that the sun is the biggest culprit for
We already know that the sun is the biggest culprit for premature ageing so what can we do about it? Dermatologists will have you know that wearing sunscreen is the single most effective way against sun protection, not to mention that it is the basis of proper skin care.
Often you’ll find sun protection formulas differentiated by SPF denominations. SPF essentially stands for ‘sun protection factor’, a measure of how well the sunscreen protects the skin. A minimum of 30 SPF is recommended by dermatologist.
However, if you’re swimming or perspiring, it is advisable to reapply as often as every two hours to optimize sun protection. A broad-spectrum formula that helps block out UVB and UVA rays which are the primary causes for sunburns, wrinkling and ageing.
Using the right amount of sunscreen is vital. A rule of thumb would be that you need approximately a dollop the size of a quarter to cover the face. Don’t step out right away after applying sunscreen, give it at least 20 minutes to get absorbed into the skin. Wear makeup over sunscreen as the finishing touch.
A modern take on an age-old nail favourite
A modern take on an age-old nail favourite
Updated and thoroughly modern, the classic nude-and-white French isn’t exactly making a comeback, rather it’s being reimagined and the possibilities are endless.
French manicures of now are an art on its own thanks to colours, metallic, graphic sharps and negative space. They are anything but basic. French tips work best on nail’s natural oval or round shapes but that’s not to say square tips cannot benefit all the same. Simply move the tip to the side for a funky asymmetrical slant.
Take border nail art all the way lining the entire nail from the tip to sides to wrap around the nail bed for a bold take on graphics. Play up on colour contrast to push the style envelope further.
For a more painterly approach, use a nail art brush to create lines from the French coloured tip. Set the lines with a dry brush to blend the lines with the tip. Allow design to dry for five minutes before applying a top coat.
The cornerstone of nail art, French manicure has always been, and will continue to inspire nail art.
Business6 months ago
Quick Response (QR) payments Launched today by Visa and Top 5 banks in Cambodia
Entertainment6 months ago
Boob in Public
Uncategorized5 months ago
Health & Fitness4 months ago
Skillet Pizza Dip
Entertainment9 months ago
WOMEN IN BUSINESS
Beauty4 months ago
Best 10 beauty drugstore finds
Beauty8 months ago
Debunking 5 Common Beauty Myths
Uncategorized6 months ago
Like Mother Like Daughter