Dazzled by the flawless mien Korean women spot? It certainly did not happen by chance, beyond the amazing powers of BB and CC creams is a tried and tested 10-step beauty regime religiously practiced by the Koreans. So what exactly goes into this regime that promises a pore-less, radiant complexion?
Read and learn.
1. Double cleanse – to remove the day’s BB cream, blush and every trace of makeup with liquid remover with a makeup remover then draw out sebum and grim with a gentle oil cleanser that eliminates impurities without drying out skin.
2. Cleanse again – this time with a gentle cleanser simply because proper cleansing is key to a radiant, acne-free complexion.
3. Exfoliate – slough off dead skin. Pay particular attention to areas that really need it like visible pores on the cheeks and blackheads on the nose.
4. Toner – the Koreans have their own version of toners designed to cleanse. It removes any residual traces of impurities left over from the earlier steps, at the same time it promises to soothe and restore your pH balance. And importantly it preps the skin to better absorb what’s to come next.
5. Essence – the single most important step in this beauty regime is the essence, a nourishing liquid that enhances skin’s cellular renewal process, prompting an increase in elasticity and firmness. It is the key to a brighter complexion.
6. Ampoule – a condensed, vitamin-rich version of essence engineered for anti-ageing. Say goodbye to dull skin, uneven tone, loss of collagen and elasticity.
7. Massage, patch, mask – apply facial sheet masks and targeted treatments such as collagen eye patches or hydrating lip mask two to three times a week for maximum effectiveness. Gentle facial massage with fingertips or jade stones is said to boost circulation.
8. Eye cream – keep fine line, puffiness and dark circles at bay with an intensive eye cream. Remember never to tug or pull skin around the eye ear, just tap cream in over the entire eye.
9. Hydrate – pile on the facial moisturizer using fingertips. Massage lightly into the face and neck to promote circulation.
10. Sleeping pack – a second layer of moisture with either a night cream or a sleeping pack locks in the emulsion and ensures that your face stays hydrated throughout the night.