Pizza Base Ingredients:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour (or meal)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Pizza Toppings Ingredients:
- 4-5 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4-5 tbsp vegan pesto
- roasted sweet potato
- pine nuts
- fresh basil
- mushrooms cooked in 1 tsp olive oil,
- salt and pepper
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Use a food processor to pulse the cauliflower and garlic until looks like rice. Do this in a couple of batches for consistency.
- Using a cheese cloth or strainer, squeeze as much water as possible out of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower to microwave for 8 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through.
- Let the cauliflower cool for about ten minutes, then mix in the eggs, almond flour oregano, salt and pepper until combined.
- Press the dough into a pan leaving it thicker towards the edges for a crust. The bigger your pan, the thinner the dough will be and the crispier it will be when cooked.
- Cook for about 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the crust, until it becomes evenly brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and spread dollops of the pesto and tomato sauce evenly over the crust.
- Swirl together using a spoon then sprinkle with desired toppings. If you cannot resist from adding cheese, add, but put it back into the oven to melt for another 5-7 minutes. Top with fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil to serve.